1. George W. Bush gave his wife Laura a dog for her birthday in 2005. Do you know the breed?
'W' owned an English Springer Spaniel, but he gave his wife a Scottish Terrier named Miss Beazley. Incidentally Miss Beazley's father went by the name Clinton. Learn More
2. President Clinton owned two pets while in the White House. One was a dog - which breed did it belong too?
Buddy (August 7, 1997 – January 2, 2002), a male chocolate-colored Labrador Retriever, was one of two pets owned by Bill Clinton while he was President of the United States. The Clintons' other pet was a cat named Socks. Learn More
3. President Reagan owned two dogs while in the White House. One was a Bouvier des Flandres, what was the breed of the other dog?
Rex a was formerly owned by conservative commentator William F. Buckley, Jr., before been given to Nancy Reagan as a Christmas gift. One of Rex's first acts that week was helping to throw the switch that lit the National Christmas Tree. Learn More
4. When Barak Obama moved into the Whitehouse he got one of these and called it Bo. He got a second one in 2012. What are we talking about?
Bo[ (born October 9, 2008) is a male Portuguese Water Dog. They must have liked him so much that they got a second in 2012. Learn More
5. George H. W. Bush's famous dog was called Millie. He later adopted Ranger, one of her puppies. What breed was this dog?
Millie had a Dog Park in Houston, Texas named after her. The Bush's seem to be partial to English Springer Spaniels - George W. Bush also owned one. Learn More
6. Liberty was born February 8, 1974 and given to Gerald Ford as an 8-month-old puppy by his daughter Susan Ford? What was her breed?
Liberty was frequently photographed with Ford in the Oval Office, in the swimming pool at Camp David and on the South Lawn of the White House. Learn More
7. Dwight Eisenhower’s dog, Heidi, has the dubious distinction of being possibly the only presidential dog banned from the White House. What did she do?
The story goes that Heidi, a beautiful female Weimaraner had an accident on an expensive rug in the diplomatic reception room. The rug was worth $20,000 at the time! (about $150,000 today) Learn More
8. When JFK moved into the White House he brought along the family pet a Welsh Terrier. What was the name of the dog?
Fidel Castro and Nikita Khrushchev were JFK's cold war enemies. Stalin was an earlier adversary. The president received Charlie as a gift from his wife during his campaign. Learn More
9. President Richard M. Nixon owned 3 dogs in the Whitehouse. All 3 were of separate breeds, but got along famously. Which breed did he NOT have?
In January 1969, French poodle Vicky, and Yorkshire Terrier Pasha accompanied the Nixon. But they were soon joined by King Timahoe, an Irish setter Learn More
10. Lyndon B Johnson owned a pair of dogs, named Him and Her. Photographs in Life magazine in 1964 made the national celebrities. What were they?
After Lyndon B. Johnson moved into the White House in December 1963, he had the White House doghouse redesigned and enlarged to the point that the press corps dubbed it “a palace.” Learn More